Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 7: Pushing through

I've read that you should just push through your first draft of a novel without worrying about double-checking facts or making sure that you are writing something polished.  You should just get the story written and therefore it will be, frankly, pretty bad.  The good news is that means that my book is exactly where it should be right now.  Maybe I'm being over-dramatic--in fact that's very likely, but after sitting at my computer for an hour and writing something that I believe uses some pretty rookie elements... I'm not so sure I'm happy with what I've just written.  I am still setting the story up for the real conflict to develop, though, and until I find a rhythm I know it will be rocky.  I've got to keep pushing.

It's almost the weekend, though.  I get Monday off so I'm hoping that over the extended weekend I'll be able to get out of this funk and keep writing.  Normally I write much more in a given writing session, but I just don't have it in me right now.


Words written today: 516
Total word count: 1531

No comments:

Post a Comment